- What is your current production time? My current production time is 1 TO 2 WEEKS FROM THE DATE YOUR ORDER IS PLACED.
- Where is my order? Almost all of my products are made to order, so production won't begin on your item until your order is placed. Once your order has been stitched, I pack it up all pretty and ship it via USPS First Class. I always send tracking information to the email address you provided at checkout, so be sure to check your inbox!
- Do you ship internationally? Of course! International shipping options and pricing are listed at checkout. PLEASE NOTE: Customer assumes ALL RESPONSIBILITY for any duties, taxes, or fees imposed on international orders.
- What is your return policy? I want you to be totally thrilled with your purchase! If for some reason you're not, please let me know. I'd be happy to offer a shop credit for the price of the item you ordered.
- Do you accept custom orders?
I do take custom orders, on occasion! When I have room in my schedule, or when I'm particularly inspired by a custom request, I'm happy to bring your ideas to life! And, as always, if you'd like a different thread or background color on an existing Marigold + Mars piece, just let me know!
- I live in Richmond. Do you offer local pickup? Unfortunately, I do not currently offer local pickup.
- I'd like to learn embroidery! How did you get started, and do you have any tips for beginners? I learned some super basic stitches in a middle school art class (about one million years ago) and fell in love! If your art class days have passed, don't worry--there are T-O-N-S of free resources out there to help you get started! Try to snag an embroidery encyclopedia, or find a stitch guide online. If you need something a little more in-depth, scope out some tutorials on YouTube. See if there are any workshops happening where you live. The most important thing, though, is just to practice, practice, practice! Go grab yourself a hoop, some fabric, a few bundles of floss and a pack of needles, and dive in! Or, grab one of my ready to stitch embroidery kits! The more you stitch, the better you'll get. Start with the simple stitches, and once you master them, expand your library to include some more intricate ones. I'm still learning and pushing myself to get better, every single day. You are going to have so much fun! And don't forget to respect all of the other artists out there! The thing that I love most about embroidery is that you literally can do ANYTHING. Scouring other people's work for inspiration is fine, but copying someone else's design is definitely not! I know you've got some amazing ideas inside that beautiful head of yours, so let's see 'em!
- I bought one of your embroidery kits. How do I stitch the sampler? Yay! I can't wait for you to get started! The sampler isn't mandatory, but it's a fun little way to get some practice with a few basic stitches before you start on your main piece. You can pick and choose which stitches you practice--do one or do them all! Take a peek at your illustrated stitch guide and try your hand at the stitches listed below.